How to Apply
The 2024-2026 Wallace Stegner Fellowship application is open. We are currently accepting applications. The application will close on Friday, December 1, 2023.
To apply for the fellowship, please prepare the following information and materials:
- Personal background information
- Contact information for 2 recommenders who can speak to your suitability as a workshop participant (please do not submit letters of recommendation)
- A statement of plans in which you briefly explain your writing plans for the two years of the Stegner Fellowship (1000 words maximum)
- A description of what you hope to get out of the workshops in your genre and how you intend to contribute to the development of other Fellows’ work (300 words maximum)
- A writing sample (9000 words maximum for fiction, 15 pages maximum for poetry)
The application fee is $55, payable by credit or debit card. A fee waiver is available for those who qualify; the fee waiver request form is integrated into the online application.
For application or selection process questions, visit our Application FAQ page.
For all other inquiries, email stegnerfellowship [at] stanford.edu.