Please read through this document carefully. If you have any questions contact Ose Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Scroll down to see information on Graduate Enrollment.
How to enroll in a Creative Writing course:
- PWR 1 is a prerequisite for all creative writing classes except courses in the English 9C series (e.g., 9CE, 9CT, 9CA, etc.). The prereq is waived for students in SLE.
- Fill out the Course Preference Form online (NOTE: Course Preference Form Exceptions listed below).
- The form will open on August 1 and close on September 7 at 11:59pm.
- Be sure to submit at least a first and second choice (most students get their first or second choice).
- Priority is given to seniors, juniors, and to those with a creative writing minor or emphasis.
- Resubmit the form if your preferences change.
- A link to class assignments will be posted on this page on September 17 by 5:00pm. If you do not want your name to appear on the posted class lists, please send a message to Ose Jackson at email@example.com. Please note that this list will not be updated as changes are made to class placements.
- Attend the first class meeting to keep your spot in the class.
Enrolling on Axess
- You can only enroll on Axess after receiving a permission number, which will be given to you at the second or third class meeting.
- If you must enroll in Axess to meet the 12-unit study list requirement, temporarily enroll in English 198 with Tom Kealey. Do not forget to drop this class once you have received your permission number.
Course Preference Form Exceptions
DO NOT fill out the Course Preference Form if you are enrolling in any of the following courses. Alternative instructions are listed next to each course.
|English 190G The Graphic Novel||Apply at graphicnovel.stanford.edu|
|English 9CE Creative Expression in Writing||Available for open enrollment in Axess|
|English 9CT Special Topics in Creative Expression||Available for open enrollment in Axess|
|English 94Q The Future is Feminine||Visit Explore IntroSems for application information|
|English 13Q Imaginative Realms||Visit Explore IntroSems for application information|
|English 16Q Family Stories||Visit Explore IntroSems for application information|
|English 91Q American Road Trip||Visit Explore IntroSems for application information|
|English 17Q Political Poetry||Visit Explore IntroSems for application information|
|English 15Q Family Trees||Visit Explore IntroSems for application information|
|English 90Q Sports Writing||Visit Explore IntroSems for application information|
|English 190SW Screenwriting Intensive||Application information available in February|
|191V Reading for Nonfiction Writers with the Stein Visiting Writer, Rebecca Solnit||Application information available in February|
|English 92AP Arab and Arab-American Poetry||Application information available in February|
|English 91A Asian American Autobiography with Prof. Chang-rae Lee||Application information available in November|
|English 192V The Occasions of Poetry with the Mohr Visiting Poet, Louise Glück||Application information available in November|
Undergraduates have priority for enrollment. Graduates may enroll in a creative writing course only after all undergraduates have been placed.
How to enroll in a Creative Writing Course:
- Attend the first class meeting to see if space is available.
- If space is available, you must obtain the instructor's permission to enroll.